Verizon Fios/Internet/Telephone services all cancelled on 9/8/10, All equiptment (cable boxes and modem) sent back per instructions from Verizon Representative. Payment for service through 9/21/10(362.00)is debited from my account 9/13/10 as normal. Call to find out when credit will be issued and Rep says only the phone was cancelled. He will cancel all remaining services retroactively but can only go to 9/10. A final credit will be issued on the next statement on 10/10. Statement from 9/10 arrives bills me through 10/9 and issues a credit for 9/8-9/10 through 9/21. Because I am on auto-pay and paperless billing my payment on 9/13 was not credited on the 9/10 statement that bill (428.00) was charged to my account 9/30.

After talking to dozens of reps from different department I was finally told today 10/14 that my account was not "officially closed" at this time but should be any day now and to expect a refund in 6-8 weeks.......weeks!

Lesson learned. Back to the old fashioned check writing task for me.

Review about: Verizon Phone Service.

Had an Experience with Verizon?

Comments

I cancelled my Verizon Fios services on July 17, 2010. I am still waiting on the return of my deposit. Verizon, is a complete rip-off when it comes to returing deposits, or issues with credit disputes.