Verified Reviewer

2.8

In April 2020 I purchased a Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G from Verizon where I was already a customer. I purchased online and was told by the agent that I would get 5G service at no extra cost.

Now after 5-6 exchanges with customer support and 2 visits to Verizon stores, I am told that the phone I purchased was incompatible with their Nationwide service...all I can get in my area. They refuse to upgrade me offering only lame denials and an offer to upgrade as long as I paid off my phone and purchased a new phone at a discount that was the same as offered to all other customers. Disgusting and shameful.

I had a chance to speak with a member of management as well who did nothing to mitigate the wrong dealings this company seems to practice. I have been waiting for 3 months to see if they might have 2nd thoughts about treating their customers in this way.....crickets.

I almost ready to leave and move to a company that practices fare and honest dealing with customers.

User's recommendation: If you want 5G....look elsewhere.....Verizon is behind the curve and doesn't mind lying to cover it up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Cell Phone Upgrade.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Verizon Pros: Reliable 4glte, Seem to have better coverage than most providers.

Verizon Cons: Bad attitudes, No resolve with management.

Comments

#1993368

I gave up on Verizon and switched to a new provider (T-Mobile). No carrier is perfect but so far, pleased with them.

Verizon Reviews