50 views
Verified Reviewer

Sunday: 'Stood outside for a while, needed to switch a line from a deceased person's account to my account. The "Switch Dept." is not open on Sundays.

So I made an appointment for Monday, so that person the person with the number that was switching from the deceased person's account to mine could be there. I show up to the appointment and they told me that only one person could come in. (Mind you, there were three employees inside, standing around, doing nothing) GEREMY was LESS than friendly and LESS than helpful. He gave me a phone number to Verizon's Financial Dept.

('couldn't even spell it correctly on the little piece of paper) I was irritated that he did nothing. He called a number, and they couldn't help, so he handed me the paper and that was that. I was instructed to go home and call. I called, was on hold for 20 minutes before the music stopped.

Then I held on for 7 more minutes. I obviously had been disconnected. So I called again, waited and explained to "Neth" what was going on. Back to the music.

Then, "Nok" got my call. Because I didn't have the pin number or access to his computer, she could not help. (but at least she was kind.) On the way home for the Los Altos store, my daughter stopped at another Verizon store. She let me know how lovely they were.

So I turned around and drove down to their store. Shawn and his colleagues (at VICTRA on Sparks Blvd.) were wonderful. He was empathetic and he listened to me. He took the time with me.

I will NEVER go back to the Los Altos store, even though it is much closer to my home. Geremy took a bad situation and made it ten times worse. He should not be in Customer Service. Same with the other two that were standing next to him as I exited the building.

I was ready to leave Verizon this afternoon. I have been with you since beFORE you were Verizon. Shawn changed everything around and I even bought two new phones. KUDOS to Shawn.

You never know who you're being nasty to..I hope they work on commission and Geremy either loses his job or gets more training on how to deal with people. My husband just died, for God's Sake. He didn't even look at the Death Certificate.

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? The pin number died with him!

User's recommendation: DO NOT go to the LOS ALTOS VERIZON. They told me that they, "don't want to get shut-down again." This "one-person" stuff should be let known to you when you're making an appointment. It's not like that at the other Verizon store. They are friendly and, as log as you have a mask, you can walk right in (not having to stand outside for a rude amount of time) and, in your will, you should PUT DOWN YOUR PIN NUMBER for Verizon..apparently, they must be Fort Knox, and you can not get ANY information. They will take my money to pay a bill, but, even if you're on the account as an Account Manager, that means nothing.

Preferred solution: This is not the 1st time that I have had a problem with the Customer Service at the Los Altos Store in Sparks, Nv. I believe that it needs to be addressed. 'Not the 1st problem I've had with this store. C/S TRAINING NEEDED!.

Verizon Cons: Could care less about the average customer.

Comments