This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

1.2

I subscribed to mobile service in Feb 2020. due to Covid I did not get my bill delivered to the closed office.

When I got into the office in April I found that the phone was turned off. I managed then to get through by phone to pay the service and pay off the financed phone itself (it's easy to get through if you select the option to pay your bill). After explaining the circumstances I was advised that account wouldn't be turned to collection and that it would not reflect negatively on my spotless credit rating. Two days later I was contacted by a collector and found through one of the credit bureaus that the account showed as unpaid.

Several months later I attempted to transfer the phone that I now owned to a friend but found that the phone remained locked by Verizon. I spent hours trying to contact Verizon to resolve the issue but got nothing but the "Due to unusually high volume of calls...." I went to a Verizon store and was advised that they were not empowered to provide any customer service other than accept payments and sell products. It has now been a year and I still have my useless $1000 phone. In short, they won.

This is not the problem of their front line workers who are not trained or empowered to resolve customer problems. They are the ones who endure the wrath of dissatisfied customers while their management to the highest levels are shielded by making it impossible to reach someone empowered to help their customers.

I presume it is best for the bottom line not to staff customer service even though these are jobs that can be done remotely and not impacted by Covid. Verizon has horrendous customer service and it is fault of their President, CEO and Board of Directors.

User's recommendation: Buyer Beware!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Verizon Pros: Good cell coverage.

Verizon Cons: Horrendous service, Wait times, This process is exhausting, Cannot get real person on phone.

Comments