Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer

Update by user Dec 30, 2020

After a total of 37 CALLS FOR ASSISTANCE, AND NEARLY ONE MONTH'S DELAY, Verizon's staff rebuilt my line (both the line from central office and the circuit in Verizon's outside line box). I got a call from someone in "Executive Relations" who seemed aware that whenever a customer appeals for tech support, the staffers who answer these calls follow a canned script.

The Exec Relations staffer admitted that, despite repeated claims by tech support staff that the problem involved "slow speed" and that I needed to buy a more expensive plan, there were NO FASTER PLANS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA. He then said many users of Windows 10 experience slow speeds due to "Windows Latency". He instructed me to disable microsft automatic updates.

I contacted Microsoft tech directly and they told me this is a myth. I received no assurances from Verizon that they are going to improve customers' ability to register problems and see these problems solved quickly.

Original review updated by user Nov 30, 2020

I am a homebound World Trade Center respiratory patient. I have converted all my payments and medical correspondence to the internet.

I ran out of medication three days ago. When I went online early on Thanksgiving, I found that my internet connection was failing. I began calling Verizon tech support but rather than checking on area outages and outside line problems, each agent had me do a series of useless tests on my well-functioning and properly connected home equipment. They also told me I could fix everything by signing up for a speedier, more expensive plan.

It was not until late in the day that one of their agents actually checked my line and found that the signal coming in from Verizon was faulty.

Despite the stated emergency, my service was not repaired until mid-day on Saturday. I have been unable to report this to Verizon corporate because apparently there is no way to do so.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments