No basic phone service for 2 and 1/2 months and counting. Techs that come and tell me problem resolved (Not).

Techs that do not show up. Appointments changed with no notification. A wiring issue on Verizon's equipment kicked in a call forwarding number from 2005 (AOL). I had no dial tone to make calls, and when anyone tried to call me they got AOL.

A Tech came on 12/7, and fixed the wiring problem, so all that was needed was the central office remove the call forwarding...Didn't happen. Called and was told I needed a tech to fix the wiring made 2 Saturday appointments, which the tech did not show up. Heard many many lies as well as each person telling me pretty much "not my job". Finally get a tech on 1/12 who is very professional and concerned.

The dial tone is restored, and now the central office needs to remove call forwarding. Apparently they did, but now instead of getting AOL, we get a busy signal, and I am told I need a tech to come and fix the wiring.

there are no Saturday appointments available, and the 1st weekday would be 1/31, another 2 weeks...I requested that the account be closed, I have been a customer for 42 years, but no one could close the account, once again "not my job" I have now filed a complaint with the NYS Utility Commission and will await their assistance. Incompetent is not a strong enough word to describe their lack of professionalism or lack of intelligence of the customer service staff.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments