1.4

This happend in 2014, but I doubt much has changed. I had residental internet and needed to upgrade to business so that I could have a static IP address (my wife was working at home at the time).

I scheduled to have residential turned off and business turned on at specific dates. But, Verizon decided to disconnect my residential service before the requested date. When I contacted them, they stated they could not turn it back on because they needed a work order and it would take several days. My wife now has no access to the internet which meant she could not work.

Eventually I asked if they could start the business service early - yes, they could, and did. I had to find the solution, not them.

Now, several years later, my wife is retired and we want to go from business to residential. Verizon will not let me out of my automatically renewed 2-year term to change to residential, even though I am going to sign a 2-year residential contract. So, I wait until a month before the contract ends to contact Verizon to ensure the business service does not get automatically renewed.

The auto-renew was a blurb on the statement - does anyone really read these?

I know you think I must be crazy to stay with Verizon, but I hate Comcast more than Verizon. Wish me luck!

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Account.

Reason of review: I was able to get internet for my wife.

Verizon Cons: Being evasive and vague about my issue when i ask for help, Awful customer care.

• Most Difficult Service Experience