Update added by user May 20, 2013
UPDATE: When I mentioned the second Verizon tool to the tech supervisor, he told me they would "fix it." I.e. they will either take it down or change it to show the same results as the first tool.
Original review posted by user May 20, 2013
I pay about $100 per month to get 75mbs down / 35mbs up speeds from Verizon FIOS. They don't deliver what they say they will.
This tool is what Verizon uses to tell *current* FIOS customers that they are delivering on their promise: http://my.verizon.com/services/speedtest/
This is another *Verizon* speed test tool which seems to be aimed at convincing people to switch from their current provider to FIOS: http://www22.verizon.com/home/fios-quantum-internet/speedtest.html
The first ALWAYS reports speeds in excess of what they promised. The second, as well as EVERY 3-PARTY SPEED TEST TOOL ON THE INTERNET (speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, testmy.net etc.), gives results HALF of what their rigged game does.
Telling people that the only "official" way to test their FIOS speed is via the first tool, the one that they host and have rigged to give numbers that are not true ANYWHERE else on the Internet, is utter BS.
I even upgraded my router and I STILL do not receive the speeds they promised.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Verizon Fios Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "After experiencing what I just experienced with a Verizon consultant I feel I need to share my story. I was a consultant for Verizon landline for five years from 1998..."
- "Jessica: Hi! How can I help you today? You: I see that their is a waived $20 upgrade fee if I order online, but when I go to checkout it shows..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."
- "Pissed to receive a response from Miranda, one of the customer service of TB dress, on 28 Aug. She asked me to delete the review on the sitejabber and pissedconsumer..."
- "I am SO angry right now. I have 4 pictures I took immediately after getting my book from the mailbox. The package is totally RIPPED open. My book is torn,..."