Update added by user May 20, 2013
UPDATE: When I mentioned the second Verizon tool to the tech supervisor, he told me they would "fix it." I.e. they will either take it down or change it to show the same results as the first tool.
Original review posted by user May 20, 2013
I pay about $100 per month to get 75mbs down / 35mbs up speeds from Verizon FIOS. They don't deliver what they say they will.
This tool is what Verizon uses to tell *current* FIOS customers that they are delivering on their promise: http://my.verizon.com/services/speedtest/
This is another *Verizon* speed test tool which seems to be aimed at convincing people to switch from their current provider to FIOS: http://www22.verizon.com/home/fios-quantum-internet/speedtest.html
The first ALWAYS reports speeds in excess of what they promised. The second, as well as EVERY 3-PARTY SPEED TEST TOOL ON THE INTERNET (speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, testmy.net etc.), gives results HALF of what their rigged game does.
Telling people that the only "official" way to test their FIOS speed is via the first tool, the one that they host and have rigged to give numbers that are not true ANYWHERE else on the Internet, is utter BS.
I even upgraded my router and I STILL do not receive the speeds they promised.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Verizon Fios Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "After experiencing what I just experienced with a Verizon consultant I feel I need to share my story. I was a consultant for Verizon landline for five years from 1998..."
- "Resume services or give refund for not providing proper services. On 08-26-2015, my service with POW was interrupted with notice of wrong doing whatsoever. I still receive notifications from current..."
- "I installed a set of four Pulstar plugs on my Saturn VUE. After a few months of improved gas mileage my vehicle began having momentary bouts of lost power. After..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."