Verizon offers a steep discount for autopay enrollment. I have resisted this because of their shady billing practices, but I finally gave in because I needed the discount.

I tried to set it up on the date I needed it to hit, but it only gave me five days as an option. I tried to change it using their automated tool, but the new date it offered me was even worse. I selected 'no' when asked if I wanted to change it. The system changed it anyway, without my consent.

I called customer service the next day (they were closed for the night when I changed it) and they said they fixed it. That was July 9th. July 21st I get a notification that my autopay will be pulled on the 22nd. Number one, NOT the day I selected, that was the original incorrect date.

Number 2, I already paid my bill for the month and it was supposed to be setup for the 15th of the following month. Get back on customer support chat, only to have them tell me that they can't change my autopay date, even though the last person I talked to told me it was no problem and that they had fixed it by changing my billing date. They told me to do it through the website. The website won't let me change it to my needed date either.

The chat support is again telling me they will change my billing date, but at this point I suspect I'm going to be lied to again.

Looks like I'll end up paying three bills in the span of one month, which I really can't afford. This is par for the course with this company, they will lie to you over and over about money and billing and how much bills will be.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company. Verizon will mess up your billing.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Verizon Cons: Dishonest billing practices.

Comments