Verified Reviewer

I am a victim of VERIZON BAIT and SWITCH. I was lied to repeatedly and was promised incentives to switch 4 of my lines to Verizon.

Now they do not want to give me what I was promised. Literally 12 hours of my time wasted trying to get Verizon to deliver what I was offered by 3 reps to switch my wireless account. Online reps are of NO use at all because they are trained to just keep you in an endless loop of asking you for information (you get a new rep every single time you reply to them. There is NO continuity, therefore, NOTHING GETS DONE WITH THEM).

Verizon are liars and thieves.

They promised me $1900 in incentives ($650 bill credit for 2 lines and two $300 gift cards) to port over 4 lines confirmed by the sales agent Dustin Gordon and 2 reps. Then they lied and don't want to give them to me and are charging me more on my bills than Dustin Gordon told me would be my monthly bills. BAIT AND SWITCH. Now they are telling me I was supposed to go online to get the gift cards, but now they EXPIRED.

NOBODY told me to go online. One of the reps said the gift cards were coming in the mail. AND NOW THEY ARE EXPIRED!!! They had me mail in 2 of my phones, including a new $500 phone which they said wasn't compatible.

Then they tell me they can't find the returned phones in the warehouse, although UPS shows it delivered. Calling in to speak to a rep is pointless, they are not authorized to do anything. Online reps are even worse. They tell me the TOTALLY USELESS AND ARE TRAINED TO JERK YOU AROUND.

You will get a new person every single time you reply to them. They will not read the history, each rep will have you repeat the story over and over and over telling you how concerned they are and want to help (UM, THEY DO NOT WANT TO HELP - TRUST ME - AMBER MY HEARTFELT REP WHO ASSURED ME SHE'D TRACK THIS DOWN - YEAH, NO WORD FROM AMBER). They will tell you they posted something on your social media, but it is nowhere to be found. Furthermore, they will have you constantly verify your account (I spent an hour and a half trying to do this with NO LUCK).

Um, yeah, new rep every single time, so NO continuity in the conversation. So now I am14 hours in of wasting my time.

I will write to BBB, PSC, Consumer Complaints, Attorney General, and Verizon Corp Verizon is a bunch of liars and thieves. AND VS SOCIAL MEDIA IS PART OF THE CORP SPIN TO NOT DO A THING TO HELP CUSTOMERS, THEY JUST WASTE MORE OF YOUR TIME.

User's recommendation: Avoid them like the plague. If you must use them, GET IT IN WRITING AS THEY LIE.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Verizon Pros: Decent coverage.

Verizon Cons: Will not fulfill incentives bait and switch, Verizon agents lied to get me to switch.

Comments