On June 16th,2019 we went to Verizon store located at “3963 Lavista Road, Tucker, GA 30084” to add a new line to our existing plan and I bought a ‘Motorola G7’ phone, sealed in the box, for the new line. The representative ‘Shazi’ attended us.

After coming home, the new phone didn’t ring till next day and for about 48 hours the new phone didn’t work properly, and I missed all the calls and messages. I missed my phone Interview for a new job too.

Then on June 18th,2019 at about 5.30PM, I went back to the above-mentioned store, and two African American girls attended me. I explained my problem and requested to switch the phone. They argued that the problem was due to “do not disturb” feature as it is on, however, when they checked it the “do not disturb” feature was not making any difference whether it is on or off even then they kept on arguing that phone is OK, and asked me to pay $50 to switch the phone.

I refused to pay as phone was defective, but they didn’t agree, and their behavior was rude and unexplainable.

The asked them that I want to talk SHAZI, who attended us on first day, then told something to her and after waiting for about 30 minutes SHAZI talked to me and said that SIM card is defective. She went to another counter and while talking with another female representative, she pretended as if she is changing the SIM, but she never changed it which I was watching continuously from a distance. She cheated me In- Bullshit front of my eyes, and when I asked for the old SIM she laughed and said that she threw it and said that phone is working properly. I had no choice but to accept the phone.

After reaching home I faced the same problem.

I called Verizon Customer service and talked to an agent. The agent told me that he has endorsed everything in the system and had waived off $50 charges too. He further told me to go to the concerned store and switch the hone and assured me that there will be no $50 charge.

Again, next day (June 19th,2019) my brother went to the concerned store at around 12.30PM and talked to them but their behavior was still the same and they refused to waive off the $50. When my brother agreed and asked to switch the phone with an ‘iPhone 6 plus’, the representative took out two ‘iPhone 6 plus from the boxes but both came out to be defective in-front of everyone.

This proves that store is keeping defective phones and when customer complains they are asking $50 for stocking or something, I have no idea.

The store harassed us at their best.

Ultimately, on their terms and conditions, we paid $50 unnecessarily and had to upgrade the phone for which we are paying more money. This is the horrible story of Verizon customer service and their store service located at 3963 Lavista Road, Tucker, GA 30084.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Deal.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments