Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Verizon Customer Service Liars

Verizon NO DSL problem started on July 3, 2008 called to try to get fixed was told not their problem it was wiring at my home. Tech to be there Saturday, July 5, 8AM-5PM due to holiday. O.K. So I sit and wait and wait no show. No call to tell us he won't be there, they know our phone number! Call to complain about no show tech and told they fixed problem with line and would contact tech to find out when he would be at house. I said NO he was supposed to be here by 5pm now it is 5:45pm. Told again it is a line problem and now they are working on it. Well their line problem is not fixed at my house and want a tech to fix. Told a tech would be there Sunday, July 6, 8AM-12PM our service would be made "Priority"! On a Sunday????? Wow! I didn't think they work on Sunday. Of course they don't, that is why no one came. (all lies from customer service) I guess techs work on Sunday in India! Call to complain again about no show at 12:15pm told they cannot contact technicians because the techs have no phones! No phones this is unheard of, this is Verizon. The day before they could contact the tech! The lies never stopped. So now Monday, July 7 - Day 5 no internet and a Holiday weekend blown waiting for the phantom technician. We started calling Customer Service at 7:30AM and the drama continued until 1:00pm when a tech showed up. Of course he said there was nothing wrong with the wiring at our house it was a Verizon problem and they would fix it but did not know when. All we wanted was an answer of 1 day, 2 weeks or a month? but they "could not guarantee when it would be fixed" Well I guess we cannot guarantee that we will pay our bill! Now to Tuesday Day 6 still no DSL and told they are working on it. We were still willing to give them a chance even after all the lies and gave them a deadline of 5pm. Suprise! It was NOT fixed. Today, Wednesday, July 9, Day 7 with no internet. We have Comcast at the house installing internet service. This was the WORST customer service response I have ever experienced. All I wanted was an answer from anyone with any knowledge. I was shuffled from several customer reps and supervisors with no answer to my problem. When it was a verizon line problem the entire time. Prime example of CORPORATE GREED. Stay tuned to see how the battle of the bill goes. I am sure it will be worse than trying to get my service fixed!

I have verizon. Every time the *** bill comes i start to shake.

Yes, they are a rip off but vonage is worse!!! do not sign up with vonage. you cannot cancel an order & they will keep charging your credit card or bank account. all phone companies are rip offs.

i am seriously thinking about using carrier pigeons or smoke signals! they are all so *** greedy.

Verizon DSL

Dealing with Verizon is akin to entering the penal system. Just think about abandoning total control in an extremely hostile environment. My DSL died Friday while I was online. A manager somewhere in Asia said he could send a technician Monday morning to solve the problem. Then I got an electronic voice mail message Sunday evening that said the technician would stop by Sunday evening at 7 p.m. I called to follow up and was told by another manager in Canada that technicians only make broad appointments for 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., and that it would not be possible to schedule a visit between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., as I was originally promised. The manager in Canada (Nathan: Z774846) said he would make a note in my file that would wait until 10 a.m. and call to make another appointment if a technician did not arrive by that time. I went to work at 10 a.m. without seeing a technician and scheduled another visit on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., EST. I then received a phone call to tell me a complimentary visit with a technician would not be possible because I missed the appointment this morning. I've made several calls back to Verizon and was hung up on twice -- once by a manager in Asia -- after lengthy hold periods. This is a nightmare. Is this typical for Verizon???

I had the same experience with Verizon DSL. There was no possibility of talking to a human except one in India who doesn't understand American English.

The connection was just off and on for two weeks. I was on a trial period and just called up and cancelled. I am never going through this masochistic abuse with Verizon againl They are absolutely useless and do not care. Their people are rude and do not care.

I think this company thinks they have a monopoly and just do not care. I had cell phone service 10 years ago and they screwed me over. I only tried this because it (the home) belongs to my family, not me. I had a feeling this would happen, and it did.

Even when I cancelled, the young man tried to talk me out of it and said "all the companies now are outsourcing" well, screw them, they are sending all our jobs to India. Screw them all.

I recently went thru the same type ordeal w/ Verizon. My DSL NEVER worked & after scheduling 4 tech.

visits, many promises & many lengthy phone calls to India LATER, wound up cancelling my svc. Twice they came out before the scheduled time & the other 2 x they were simply no-shows (& not once did I EVER get a phone call from field svcs.). As for the automated msgs., they're about as reliable as getting info.

from a 2-yr. old.

Review

Verizon DSL - Customer service? for bad service?

I live in a small pocket of Verizon surrounded by miles and miles of Pacific Bell/AT&T customers. This is a “funny” joke pulled on my city of 60,000 people by the idiots on the California Public Utilities Commission. In December 07, I signed up for Verizon DSL. The first time it was offered (much later than other companies, you’ll notice) and the ONLY service available in my little patch of electronic ***. From 12/07 though 2/08, I logged over 200 service tickets with Verizon for lost connections and inability to get DSL service. Yes, 200 – and I work two jobs and only have one day off a week! So, that should tell you something about their reliability! This year, I finally found out that you could get action if you made connection with the executive offices on the east coast at 800-483-7988. One of the reasons I stuck with the service and didn’t revert back to dial up (my only option, as the cable here is worse) is that I was told that my $14.95 a month was for life. Verizon raised my rate this past month, so I spent over 2 and half hours on the phone, during my vacation, calling several continents to find out how to get this fixed. This morning, I received a call and was told that in order to provide “customer retention” I was going to be allowed to keep the service for $14.95 for one more year, and then it would go to what ever rate they wanted. They insist that they never offered that rate to me. They stated that it was only offered during the month of November of 2007 to new customers, that I was not entitled to the rate at all. I, however, clearly remember the conversation. So, warning to all consumers – record every call you make to a utility. I have now purchased a record-a-call handset and am going to do just that. Customer Service? Are you kidding? What a rip off. They are quick to make promises to keep you hanging so that you don’t tell everyone what *** service you’re getting and then when they finally get it right and it works – they ***. You’d think I’d have paid my dues just by putting up with the *** service for so long. So, before you think of going with Verizon - do you really want to go through what I went through - just to get jacked at the end?
Verizon Phone Service

Verizon FOIS TV change from analog to digital

I’m I recently received a letter from Verizon informing me that shortly they would discontinue support of analog TV reception on my service. When the service was installed they said that for a small fixed amount (Less than $20 one time charge) they would provide analog service for my analog TVs over the same cable as the digital signal. In the letter it said that they would provide a Digital Adapter for free for my analog TVs as long as you were a customer at the current address. This smelled like just another way to charge you for any TV without a set top box. When I called for the adapters and asked for 5 I was told that I would have to pay $3.98 per month for anything over 3 adapters!!! This is clearly unnecessary and is a revoking of our original contract. As far as Verizon’s new Personal Account Manager Service she has done nothing to resolve the problem and is very difficult to understand. When I told my PAM that she had done nothing to resolve my problem and better get someone to call me to fix the problem. I received a call from someone that said she was a Verizon manager and understood that I had a problem. Once again (5th time) I explained what I needed and she proceeded to try and convince me that all I needed was 3 adapters and even suggested that I could buy two addition adapters at a local store using the Government provided two $40 debit cards (see site WWW.DTV.Com). I told her I expected the devices for free and without monthly charges. The FOIS digital adapter is a Motorola DCT700 unit that can be found at the Motorola Web site. Make sure you look at the DCT700 Data-sheet (90Kb pdf) and the Migration to All-Digital (87Kb pdf) White Paper to see what Motorola says are the advantages, certainly not necessarily in the best interest of the end user. http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=baee9e3eeed46110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=bbc455779f3b6110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD&vgnextnoice=1 This is a RIP-OFF!!! You will note in the following excerpt that they are implying that the Federal Government is forcing this change when in fact the DTV site clearly states “HIGH POWER BROADCAST STATIONS” The following excerpt came from http://www22.verizon.com/content/fiostv/godigital.html?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=DIG01&PromoSrcCode=S&POEId=VU1SP EXCERPT from Verizon Web Your FOIS TV service is becoming 100% Digital – and that's great news for you! It means eye-popping pictures on every TV in the house and earth-shattering sound. More service enhancements in the future like expanded standard-definition and high-definition channels, and HD video on demand will be possible. All at the same great FOIS TV value you enjoy today. Throughout 2008, we'll be transitioning our analog television channels to an all-digital format. A few simple steps are required to receive the digital channels, and we'll help. We'll notify you by phone and mail before your FOIS TV service goes all-digital in your community. Each television in your home will need either a Verizon-provided set top box, digital adapter or a CableCARD. The one exception to this rule is if your digital television includes an internal digital QAM tuner. Verizon is leading the industry well ahead of our competitors, to bring you the benefits of 100% Digital FOIS TV. FAQs – General Questions What is digital conversion and why is the transition from analog to digital occurring now? The federal government has mandated that all television broadcasting be transitioned from analog to digital transmission by Feb.17, 2009, freeing up parts of the scarce and valuable broadcast spectrum. Verizon made a commitment with the FCC to eliminate our analog service by Feb. 17, 2009. Verizon's transition to a 100% digital format will enable Verizon to offer even more of the great high-definition (HD) and special interest End EXCERPT Jim

Basically going through the samething with local Comcast service. My whole thing with the analogue to digital conversion is that everyone was saying don't worry if you have cable service they already do that for you.

But they won't anymore and you will have to pay now. I suspect that eventually they force you to rent every box down the road.

Verizon Tv Service

VERIZON IS A VERY DISORGANIZED COMPANY; HONESTLY.

I could not even begin to explain how frustrated and displeased i am with VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS. The whole company is disorganized. Here is my story. So this guys comes to my house, door to door, offering verizon triple play offer. Get internet, tv, and phone for 2 years and receive a FREE HDTV. So i agreed, but first made the comment that I already had verizon broadband, and if i cancelled it, if it would cost me the cancellation fee. 3 PEOPLE TOLD ME NO! THE PERSON WHO CAME TO THE HOUSE, THE PERSON I GAVE MY INFORMATION TO, AND THE PERSON WHO CALLED ME TO CONFIRM MY DATE!!!!! They all said, no, you will not be charged cancellation fee. ok. so installed in january. received my bill. $300 because they bill ahead.!!! then my broadband bill came, NOTHING WAS CANCELLED. i still owed them regular months! so i called and cancelled. i have to pay them $200 for cancellation fees which they state, verizon fios should've never told you that, we are the same company but not the same branch!!!!!!! crazy huh? well there's more. I received my paper in the mail for my free tv. Dated FEBRUARY 27. I put in the order FEBRUARY 29th. I waited the 6-10 weeks that is stated on the paper. nothing..... I called, "well fed ex hasn't shipped it yet", "your not at your 10 weeks yet" (i was at my ten weeks), "Miss, you passed your 10 weeks point, your at 12 weeks but i don't know whats the hold up". So finally i decided to be straightforward with one and he kindly told me that he would give this to his suppervisor for immediate action. that i should be getting it in a week or so. IT'S BEEN 4 WEEKS!!!!!!! This month of july will mark 5 months since they promised me a tv. that's what, 20 weeks! more than double the date!!!! When i called verizon to talk to them, not the rewards center, verizon, THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I HAD A TV COMING. THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT JUST OFFER ME $200 CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT, which will be paid in installments of 17 dollars for a year..... yea, that's enough for the trouble i've been through with you guys. so i decided to cancell and just pay the cancellation fee. great story, huh?
Verizon Internet Service

Verizon in Peru, Indiana - New charges i dont owe

just received verizon bill with a new charge called my infoguard voicemail from ESBI for 13.86. i refuse to pay this.if i get unhooked so be it.i dont have voice mail and i have no long distance.it says not to call verizon and to call esbi number.why doesnt verizon take care of these kind of problems? this is a second phone i am paying at different residence.i am on social security and trying to have phone for grandkids to call in case of emergency. this is scary to think things like this can happen to people.it makes you wander whats next

Verizon could and should have the power to protect it's customers from these sleazy little companies that tack on whatever charge they want! Do you really think 99% of these people complaining about these charges really wanted that extra long distance service?

Yes, unfortunately these days, you better not fill out a survey, enter a sweepstakes or even visit a website because the sharks at Verizon will not protect you. Interesting how friendly they are when you call to upgrade a service, but how ignorant and uncaring they are when you have a legitimate complaint. I miss the old Bell Telephone. They were always courteous and willing to remove charges that didn't belong on your bill.

They always made sure you were satisfied with their customer service. How sad these corporations like Verizon are now so out of control that consumers can't trust anything they are told when they are getting sold a service. I personally hate Verizon enough that I am about to cancel all their services, even at a great inconvenience and exprense to myself while I shop around.

They are a disgrace! :(

usbi is a third party biller..verizon has no control over these charges..that is why there is a number to contact that company directly...consumers do not realize that often when they fill out entries to win trips or prizes, they are signing up for a service..this is usually in fine print somewhere on the entry...all major corp. have issues..and verizon is not an exception to this rule...but to blame them for this issue is unfair...moral of the story...read the fine print before your sign your name..

Review

Verizon in Baltimore, Maryland - Had dsl,added fios to another account trouble started

How can I say this in 100 words. Nine years ago I retired from Verizon after 31 years and I am ashamed of that companys service. I had a dsl account in one state and a FIOS account in another. The billing was to be at a $99.95 base price,they never got it right I canceled after four months they canceled my dsl also-4 times. I made over 65 calls, hours and hours on hold they billed me after account was closed,told me not to pay then two months later it went to collections, they then charged me $200.00 for early cancellation, I broke the contract -never,never,never trust Verizon's customer service.if you prove them wrong,that's an "if" you will wait 6 to 8 weeks for a refund which was not what they quoted. -"god awful service"
Product
Verizon Account

Verizon Wireless- BEST COMPANY

After having bad experiences with Cingular, and other family members having horrible problems with T-Mobile and Alltel, we ALL settled on Verizon Wireless. We are very pleased. We didn't get insurance, but they were quick to replace our defective phones with no hesitation. We will re-sign our contracts with no question. 4 years and running. Verizon's coverage is also better than the other companies, yet Cingular says they have the best? I think not. Their reps for customer service are also very helpful and knowledgeable. That is hard to find in today's world of outsourced call centers and foreigners who have strong accents. Also, getting to a rep is very simple, just press 0.

I've been with Verizon for 5 years now and they have taken care of my issues. I bought my daughter a phone in September 08 and one of the buttons failed to work after a couple of months.

I did not buy insurance for it and they Replaced it at no charge.

Manufacturer warranty I assume. I have had to replace her phone 1 more time with no problems or extra charges.So knock on wood, all has been fine on my end and satisfied.

april_ann
#20163

Actually AT&T can no longer use that raising the bar line or the best coverage thing by law because just as you stated it is not true! VZW is the largest most reliable provider!!! :)

Review

Verizon FiOS - Terrible Customer Service.

We purchased the Verison FiOS TV/Internet/Telephone bundle roughly 3 - 4 months ago. No complaints with anything service related, the TV, Telephone, and Internet work great. However, we recently purchased a new HDTV and put in an order over a month ago for another HD receiver. No kidding, we've called their customer service FIVE times and spoken to FIVE different techs who all told us they put in the order and we'll receive a callback to confirm. Each time, no callback no new receiver. on 5/28 we spoke to Natasha, on 6/3 we spoke to Gerard, he transferred us to Ms. Seymore (who said she'd take care of everything when she calls us back on 6/12)... yeah no call back.. big surprise. Next we called and could not get through on 6/16 (after roughly 35min on hold). We called again on 6/16 and spoke to Kim (she said she took care of everything and we'll get a call back to confirm... no call back again). On 6/17 we spoke to Charles Haynes, he said he will call us back (no callback again). Currently its 6/24 and I'm waiting on hold and working with someone named Mr. Waters. Let's see how it goes this time. -- I've worked in tech support for the past 3 years. Meaning I work in call centers... never once have I pulled the *** I've had to deal with from Verizon. -- Make sure you have all your stuff done with them when you first sign up... b/c if you need help or changes.. your screwed. -- Verizon FiOS customer service = TERRIBLE!!

:( The worst customer service ever!!! I have been on the phone fr 8 hours trying to find out why they double charged me for this months bill and noone will acknowledge that they have.

the verizon experience has been bad,they were 2 hours late to install

and then they broke the television tryed to get the part to fix the television but no luck i have had the runaround since then call back in twenty four hour never happened am down to calling the president

yeah he never called back. guess we'll wait it out again and see what happens.

averma

Mr. Waters actually called be back 20min later.

He let me know he's been on hold with the dept. who can correct this problem for 30min and will try for another 10min, if he can't get in touch with them he will call us back first thing tomorrow morning.

averma

Mr. Waters gave me his cell number and asked me to call him back in 10min. He's not picking up and no call back.

View more comments (4)
Verizon Bundle

Verizon's dumb agents

I have been receiving colletion notices forom verison for a while now at an address where I never lived. The bill is about two-hundred and some odd dollars. I explaing to verizon to investigate the matter because I never ordered a phone at that address. Well they called me and said I won some prize, which was two tickets to vegas. I was given a address and told to bring proof of address and identification. Well when I lost the address and tried to call them the phone number said changed or disconnected. I knew then it was the collection agency. To bad i figured it out. I quess your agents need to step their game up. Ha!
Verizon Phone Service