Verizon Reviews

Show reviews that mention
service phone customer service customer bill internet account people fios problem
Filter review

Verizon Scam

I got a phone with Verizon in Dec 2006. Right away I was unable too use my phone in my house. I had ATT before and it worked fine,but,no signal through Verizon.I switched phones 3 times and still didn't work. Then,they said I couldn't turn off my phone because I had passed the cut off, BUT,I was assured it would be ok since I was having problems. Also the "deal" I signed up for,that the woman at the store gave me,well, they didn't set it up right and I got billed over $1000!!!!! After 5 months of fighting the fixed the bill,BUT,since I wouldn't pay till bill was right,they put me in collections and the worlds worst collection agency,Allied Interstate got me, and harassed me 12-14 times a day for 6 months.Verizon wouldn't accept payment and I refused too pay Allied who were calling me a "F'ing deabdeat" on the phone. Avoid Verizon.Their reception sucks,customer service agents lie and the use the worst collectors.

how is being an INVESTIGATOR going to do anything? You need an ATTORNEY.

:zzz this is insane, but entertaining.

:( Ultimately this may, if allowed, either by me or via other graces, be the one case I've seen, of all the complaints I've read, that if people knew what I know, got it into court, and exposed through discovery,that exposed Verizon, Allied interstate, whatever they've done to col-lections w/ changes to obscure truths, and others employed at verizon,to be corrupt and irredeemably influenced.

In short, I'm this day dedicating my 21 years as a state licensed private investigator to whatever may come,if the cause is anti-verizon, it is by nature more likely than not, a just cause.

These people are evil. The company from merger to date has devolved in its practices and damages to our society. My records and memory go back to 2006 and before perhaps back to 2000 or 2001 with somewhat less clear memory due to time passage and life as time passes and people move etc.

I say little here, but this minor announcement will be my point of reference as to when my life is from now on until I see resolution or state I'm withdrawing my opposition to the

very essence of corporate greed, and human evil, which I see

verizon

as the worldly representative of that

foul word, and only fitting word for evil, as to be exemplar in the name Verizon.

Bessides, I havent decided how to proceed. I am only stating that I will offer free services and advise of a pro investigator to any and all whom I agree to assist, if they are victimized by this company or it's many subsidiaries and affiliates.

CAUTION: Verizon will go to any lengths to win in a case like this.

6 billion dollars plus can buy and *** a lot of good intentions.

If you are not a fighter for right and good, please dont seek the services.

All Verizon employees are disqualified for guilt by association is

prefered (as wrong as it seems)from

any free assistance, or help which may or not be implied with this small word.

six billion dollars

View more comments (2)
Reston, Virginia

I DONT UNDER STAND WHY THIS CALLS IS ON MY BILLS

i dont rembered any forwarded ild teleservices clearinghouse enhanced voice mail with me this is not the first time this has been on my bill this has been a few times and i can not understand who or what this is about but i am still paying when my phone bills come in i have not enhanced any voice mail with them so please explan it to me thanks.PLEASE DONT PUT THIS ON MY BILL NOMORE.FORWARDED BY ILD TELESERVICES THE CLEARINGHOUSE AGENT ENHANCED VOICE MAIL I DO NOT REMENBER GETTING NO VOICE MAIL FROM THEILD TELESERVICES CLEARINGHOUSE BILLING ON BEHALF OF ENHANCED VOICEMAIL
Lansing, Michigan
Loss

I am pissed

I requested a phone service from Verizon through online on November 29, 2007 before I move to my new home address. There was an offer for Verizon freedom essential plus verizon high internet service, which I signed off. After this order, I called up Verizon customer service for another reason but again I told them about the order service I made. The activation was to be made on December 3, 2007, but unfortunately there was no dialtone on my line. Called up customer service and reported this and a serviceman was scheduled to come on a weekday Dec. 11 but there's no one to let them in so sked on weekend Dec. 15. A serviceman arrived around 5 pm and check the wiring in my room, in the main phone box of the house and then on the telephone post outside. Said cannot fix it on the post since it is dangerous and the ladder cannot reach it. Next repairman(John) came Dec.18, again said the same thingand left a note stating it's like a skating rink have to wait for a week for ice to melt( The third one person (Richard) called my work # unexpectedly and said he will check the problem. This time he confirmed the problem was in cable from the post to the phone line. Another group will take of it. I asked if I need to make an appointment and he said no since no need to access the apartment. I've been calling them on my cellphone when I get home at night and because of this has exceeded my minutes limit because my server charges also 1-800 #s. Verizon has already sent a bill and Icalled billing to tell them about it. they say pay the bill for this Dec. and adjustment will be made on the nexrt billing statement. This has taken a lot of my time and effort to call them. Their customer sevice, billing as well as repair dept. don't communicate with each other. I do e-mail them and their response is of no help. The phone # in question is 210-656-****. Need to get my landline working before I pay the bill.

unless you are a hacker, you to track down an ip adress through the isp (internet service provider) ie. comcast, verizon

State College, Pennsylvania
Verizon Internet Service

Verizon unauthorized billing to phone

How do these people get away with unauthorized billing to my phone? I never ordered or used this service and I refuse to pay for it. Verizon should be responsible for this and they should pay, alowing a company to bill my phone without my consent should be against the law. How many other people has this happened to and where will it stop?! I will not tolerate Verizon allowing this kind of things to happen of course Verizon knows nothing of this and say they will investigate until this matter is resolved. I refuse to pay any part of my phone bill. Bye-Bye Verizon.

First of all, charges coming from another company and being billed to your cellphone account is more than likely a premium text message. THIS IS NOT VERIZON'S FAULT!!!

Verizon as a company allows premium text messaging as does cingular/AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Alltel, etc. The only companies that don't are the smaller local cell companies which only don't offer it due to the lack of network compatability. These charges appearing on your bill are no one's fault but your own, I know for a fact that Verizon requires you to reply to a text message from the company that you agree to recieve the premium content from the third party company. THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!

There seems to be a lack of responsibility on your end of the transaction, you recieve the content and then say you never agreed to the charges. If you did not accept the charges by replying to the text message sent by the third party company, someone using your phone did. Period. If someone else accepted the charges on YOUR phone, even by your child or relative/friend, you allowed that to happen.

You allowed them to use your phone. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY ACCEPTED THE CHARGES!!! YOU ALLOWED THEM TO USE THE PHONE OR YOU LEFT THE PHONE UNATTENDED.

Either way it is your fault, so act like an adult for once and own up to your responsibilities, you signed the contract, you not reading the contract is not Verizon's fault. :cry :cry :cry :cry

verizon is not responsible for your third party billing issue...the third party is responsible for it...if you do not agree to these charges you must contact that company to recieve the proper credit....consumers do not realize that often when they fill out entries to win prizes or fill out surveys, that they are agreeing to services...often in fine print somewhere on the entry or survey...verizon has issues, yes, like any other large corp., but do not blame them for something that is not their fault...read the fine print before you sign your name on something.

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
Verizon Phone Service

Drugs and Corruption at a Verizon Store being ignored

It has been brought up to my attention that a major Verizon store located in Winter Haven, Florida has been ignored while some employee's utilize their chain of command trying to obtain some kind of justice regarding ilegalities taking place at there work center. I am a consumer and I feel that with the so many malpractices being conducted at this particular store, someone should take these matters seriously. Especially in our days with so much crime and curruption taking place starting with there manager. Some employees come and go as they please and yell out as if they own the firm and much more things observed daily. I respectfully request for someone of higher authority to look into these matters.
Tampa, Florida
Verizon Manager

Cannot get through on phone lines

My name is Sandra Neeley. My contact # is 708 646-****. I settled with Allied Interstate Collection Agency for a telephone bill that I had with Verizon Wireless. I have called over and over. Theresa said she would send me a settlement letter. I have not received such letter, but they are taking the money from my checking account every month. I would like to receive the letter to show that I am making the payments, because the payments are not showing on my credit report and potential creditors are not able to verify that the payments are being made. They cannot get answers to the phone number 800 554-**** either.
Reston, Virginia

Complaint of Fraud Charge Against ESBI through Verizon

This is a copy of the text I sent as a complaint letter first to State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), then 2nd to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Public Advisor's Office 505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2003 San Francisco, CA 94102 Toll free: (800) 649-**** Telephone: (415) 703-**** E-mail: public.advisor@***.ca.gov Web site: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov, 3rd to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and to the Consumer Services Division Attorney General's Office 1400 NCL Tower 445 Minnesota Street St. Paul, MN 55101 Telephone: (612) 296-**** Fax: (612) 282-**** E-mail: attorney.general@***.mn.us Web site: www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer; as the DCA suggested: "I received an additional/unauthorized charge on my Verizon Bill from ESBI an amount totalling $16.45 for MYIProducts Imail Voicemail monthly fee which they say my son requested on-line but my son denies and didn't request or agreed to and that this company use my son's e-mail info and our home phone number for this fraud. I checked with www.pissedconsumer.com website which you can check for yourself a lot of similar complaints and complainants have nobody to help them too. I'm suspecting that Verizon has something to do with this too, since after informing them of this scam, I was just told like what they told the rest to take it up with ESBI but ESBI won't even hear us. Please help hard and honest-working people like us from this unscrupulous business. If you can please e-mail me on this complaint through my e-mail address: rnrpadilla@***.com. I would really appreciate every little bit of effort you can extend on this matter. Thanks very much." Rolando Padilla Pacoima, CA

Wow, this must be continual process. This is 2011 and I noticed that the other complaints are from 2009 and 2010.

I just noticed unauthorized ESBI on my phone account as well. I talke with Frontier and they were actually very helpful with the problem.They took off the charges by crediting them and placed a block for third party charges on the line.

I am calling ESBI now and stopping the charging. Don\'t know what I will get into but.....I will also notify Attorney General and FCC.

It took some doing, but I finally got a full refund for the seven months I was fraudulantly charged 14.95 on my AT&T phone bill by ESBI for Myiproducts.

Don\'t stop with the Minnasota Attorney General, report it to your own state\'s Attorney General, too. Don\'t forget the BBB in both states, the Federal Trade Commision, and your state\'s Utility Regulatory Commision.

Good ***!

Verizon Website

Verizon customer unfriendly company

When my mom passed away, I tried to turn off her cell which was on my family account. They refused, saying it did not matter if she was dead, they still would not do it, and I had to pay to the end of the contract. I thought this was unbelievable. Finally at the end of the contract I went to T-Mobile. They would not have let me go if I did not pay in full. Then they sent me a "follow up bill" which I disputed. They hounded me until a collector called - I tried to pay directly to Verizon...they refused; I paid the collector. Now they have a "charge off", ruining my credit, even though I paid in full! They refuse to budge, and remove it. Never, never use Verizon!
Verizon Account

Verizon Wireless Is Not Loyal To Their Customers

I have been with Verizon Wireless 4 plus years. I had an LG VX6100 I purchased 12/04, in 2006 I called this handset in lost/stolen. Much to my surprise someone reactivated my handset and started harassing me from it last week as it still had all my contact numbers and pictures in it. I called Verizon Wireless and they argued the fact that it was active. Finally after hundreds of phone calls someone in tech support ran the esn and the cellular number that was sending me harassing messages. She then deactivated that number and put my esn on the "hot list" Today I called in for an update and everyone I spoke with refused to give any information said it was against the law and I would need to contact an attorney/local police to retrieve my stolen phone they should have never reactivated to begin with. I have been a loyal customer to them for over 4 years with my four lines of service plus a data plan. It’s very nice to see just how much they care!

I love my Kia!!! I have owned a 2002 kia spectra and have never had a problem.

I have about 62,000 miles on it and hope to keep it running for a long time to come. In fact, because of our experience with kia, we bought a 2007 spectra.

Look here, the government does not care about what junky cell phone companies do to people or their credit. That's just another reason why people can't tell good paying customers from bad ones.

Although the credit system has been a failure forever like the leadership in our country. Just pay what they want you to and accept yo are being used like a bar of soap.

The FTC does not care, the BBB does not care and the credit monitoring system does not care. You want somebody to care, own an oil field.

SHAME on AFNI & Verizon

I can't beleive Verizon would sell my information to another company. I have been with them for over 13 years and i consider it a poor reflection on their company that they would have the balls to sell my private information complete with social security number, all for a debt I do not owe. Shame on you Verizon for selling your 1993 - **** old debt to AFNI! Shame on you for not checking to make sure your records were correct!! Shame on you for giving AFNI my Social Security Number!!!! Show you will not go silently into the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verison Today is the day i switch my service!!!!

The poster wasn't talking about your Afni. By the way, I just resigned that nasty job, so I am happy for that.

The poster was referring to the *** corporation you work for (at least when you posted this). The Afni referred to here is the collections agency. Sure, the wireless job pays well and treats you well if you keep up on stats (my downfall because I would rather help customers like the one above get unscrewed when I took the extra time to advocate for them). Verizon offers wonderful technology and the best coverage, but they rip off their customers royally and then pay high school grads in chairs to take as many calls as possible and try to sneakily negotiate the lowest credit possible.

I could go on about the reasons I dislike your beloved company and I'll gladly take any job elsewhere. :) The point, though, is stay relevant.

The poster was referring to the Collections arm of the company, not the general customer service reps.

@PissedConsumer605215

To be fair to the truth, though, no, they do not sell personal information, only the balance owed.

Vz doesn't sell personal info. Don't blame it on us

First off let me say that verizon didnt sell your info to afni. I work for afni.

Who is privately contracted thru verizon to help the customer. I spend all day as a verizon wireless rep giving customers credits for making to many calls or going on the web without having a Data package. Then wanting it to be credited back. I still work for verizon they just pay afni to pay me.

So shame on you for trying to take away a decent job from americans. Least verizon doesnt outsource from another company. So when you call verizon and want a credit on your account, Ill remember what you wrote.

Oh and just so you know I went thru a whole backround check and *** examine just to get that job. SO :p

View more comments (3)
ID
I didn't know where this charge came from of 12.95, in total with fees, it comes to 15.95 a month for a service that I did not order and do not use. Where do they come off doing such a thing, they need to be stopped, and put out of business. I emailed Verizon and...

I called ESBI and they cancelled the extra charge on my Verizon bill and credited my account for the previous charges.

View more comments
Verizon Website

Verizon never delivers on service promises

My residential telephone & dsl service stopped working on May 22. Verizon, contacted on May 23, promised a repair technician on May 29. No repair person on May 29, 30, 31, and June 1. On June 1 I was finally contacted by a regional supervisor. He told me he had previously been unaware of my case and would set me up with the first appoinbtment of the day on Saturday, June 2. It remains to be seen if he follows through but he sounded good, noting that Verizon had been laying off and not replacing retiring technical staff, to the point where getting work done in the field was getting moire and more difficult. I believe it. God help us if we ever have an emergency situation like a hurricane or a terrorist attack.

Verizon - Extra Charges on our bill

We received a latest bill from Verizon and silently they've added a charge for the services we had no idea about. We called the company and tried to resolve the issue, however they stated that we used the services and should pay for the bill. The charge is really small - $2, but I really hate to pay for something that I never ordered and never used. I will try to file a complaint about them, but I really would like to explore new VOIP possibilities in my area. I already contacted Cablevision and they are ready to give me a HUGE deal on their services. If you stuck with Verizon and tired to receive their huge bill for "dialtone" try contacting your cable companies, you may find better offers,

I really dislike verizon. i had 3 phones within my current contract, and 2 of them i had to get replaced and now i have another phone for 7 months, and now this one needs to be replace, all they say is " im sorry, you can get a pre owned one, and they will do nothing about the phone that i have, and customer service sucks the females dont want to do anything and the males are just as bad. I will be switching to at&t really soon.

:cry :upset :eek :) :grin 8) ;) 8) 8) :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :( :( :x :x :sigh :zzz :roll fartttttttttttt

We have great signal with Verizon, however the love to charge fees and don't care if you cancel your service.

I hate verizon! I switched from T-mobile because i wasnt getting good reception.

I paid first 2 monthes online and noticed later that there some stuff charged on my bill which I absolutely did not sign up for.

I called them like 4 times to get credit for that.

Also the phone I got kinda sucked and had technical problem no later than 3 monthes since i got the phone.

I went in a store to get it fixed. But they told me they have to charge me $50 since I switched the account to do friends and family under my friend's account. I told them I did not know this would happen just because I changed the account.

A tall young guy at Fishkill, NY branch with pimples all over said "we do not have any responsibility to tell you this and that happen when you change accounts and people change accounts anyways usually."

He had a nasty attitude ever.

My boyfirend also has internet cable with verizon but he had alot of trouble with them.

They are def. not most reliable like they say they are. After my contract is over, I will not never ever go back to Verizon.

View more comments (3)