Stole my phone!

I signed a 2 yr contract under the agreement that I would have a 30day trial of the phone and its services. I traded in my phone for the new oyager. Its now day 2 and after deciding that all of the functions I would like adding to my phone worked out too costly for me, I returned the phone only to find that they would not give MY one back. They said it was company policy to keep the phones as they were sold to another company each night. I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT! Now I have their phone and a contract I do not want. I feel as though I am being forced into their contract! They literally stole my phone from me. The manager told me in giving them my phone I was saying "I dont want it" that couldnt be more further from the truth. I only gave it as a condition of my satisfaction from the company. He was very rude and not willing to even help or to come to some compromise to make me happy. I am still under trial but less my own phone which was 500.

diamond wireless is great I have been buying from them for years I use too live in Utah and I was suprised they were in Texas too They always sell phones cheaper then corporate and there insurance is awesome I'll never walk into a corporate location

In December 2009, I purchased a phone and a plan from Diamond Wireless, a kiosk in the local mall, not realizing that it was not Verizon itself. I was quite clear with the salesman that I would be separating from a joint account and transferring my current phone number to the new phone. The salesman gave me no indication that changing the number of the phone I was purchasing would be a violation of the contract, resulting in penalties. If he had I would have walked away from the deal.

A couple of weeks later I received a letter from a company I believed to be Verizon, but could have been Diamond Wireless. The letter stated that I was in violation of my contract as I had cancelled my new account. I called and explained that I had not cancelled my account, but merely changed the phone number, and that the account was actually in good standing. I was asked to hold while he verified this, and when he returned to the line he told me that I could disregard the letter.

After that, I naturally assumed the issue had been resolved. I never heard another word about this issue; no bills, no calls, nothing to indicate that there was a pending problem until I received a letter from Checknet dated March 28, 2011 stating that Diamond Wireless had sent my account to collections. I called Diamond Wireless last Thursday, sure that this was just a misunderstanding. I was told that the only person at the company able to assist me is John Shira and that he would be out of the office until Monday. I called and left two messages for him today that have gone unanswered.

I then called the number on the collections notice to see if I could sort this out with them. I was told that Diamond Wireless would not be returning my calls since my account had been turned over to collections and that I should just pay the amount they say I owe because the total will increase daily and it will soon appear as a mark against my credit score if I do not comply.

What kind of company represents to you that you can take an action without penalty, then decides to penalize you for it, but doesn't bother to notify you that they believe you owe them money before they jeopardize your credit by sending you to collections a year and a half after the fact? And on top of it all they will not take my calls? This does not seem like good business practice to me, seems more like extortion.

Sorry you didn't have the cash to pay for your new phone, they offer the equipment purchase program to "assist" the "money challenged" customer with paying for their new phones I'm sure. I bought a phone with Diamond and was offered to sell my phone and opted not to because I knew I could sell it for more on my own.

Sorry you lack that skill/knowledge. To the guy that was crying about his rate plan, your own fault for not reading what you signed for, I learned that lesson the hard way many moons ago and will never again, that is you, not the sales guy...

what kindof phone did you buy for $500.00 ! It kindof sounds like you are blond......

One of Diamond's salespeople totally mis-represented the monthly cost of service for my new phones, so I cancelled the service within 3 days and now they want me to pay a re-stocking fee for all the phones, even though they are NEW and in re-salable condition and I would have taken more than $800 hit over two years. 1.

The Reality phone has a mandatory $9.99 month data plan, plus the regular $9.99 fee. They gave me two of them and didn't include the $479.52 in the estimated monthly bill for the next two years. They said I would get 15% off the entire bill each month due to where I work. I would only get the 15% off $70 each month, so I would lose out on $270 in discounts that they said I would get.

I was told the Rock phone came with a free USB Cord and extra battery. NOPE. There went at least $50. Add the additional tax on the $479.52 + $270 and you get another $60 minimum at 8%.

Grand Total of the misrepresented charges for the next two years: $859.52.

And they want me to pay re-stocking fees that we did NOT discuss. This aint over, folks.

If you gave them your phone, why would you expect to get it back? You GAVE it to them, obviously they had intentions of doing something with it like donating it or recycling it.

And you werent forced into a contract, considering you were under thier 30 day guarentee you could have returned your equiptment and ended your agreement if it was the end of the contract. If you are handing over your phone, knowing that you are unsure about the phone that you are about to purchase that is your own fault dont you think?

I owe a public apology to Verizon in the fact that "Correction" below me, is right. Diamond Wireless is a separate company that sells Verizon service, although thats not what the rep told me...however, none of that matters anymore.

I was contacted by a person at Verizon headquarters who did everything in their power to help me recover my losses and I want to thank them for their efforts.

Diamond Wireless eventually paid me what was owing (with the help of the woman at Verizon Wireless) with the loss of my phone. I never did get it back and I understood what i was getting into not having it back. What I wanted was the money they offered for me as a result of a trade-in for my phone.

Initially they werent willing to do that (the manager) but the rep who I did the transaction was very helpful, friendly and acommodating . Maybe HE should have been the Manager.

Anyway, long story short, everything was eventually settled.

With all the different phones and companies I have had over the years, I have never been asked to turn in my phone in exchange for a new one. Since this person actually went to a third party, maybe they wanted what ever information was on his phone in order to sell it.

Diamond wireless is not affiliated with Verizon Wireless as a company.. Verizon Wireless probably pays them to sell their service which would make them an authorized agent/indirect dealer of Verizon Wireless.

They do things very differently than an actual corporate Verizon Wireless location. I work at a corporate location and we do not trade phones nor do we "steal" or "take" anyone's phones. Customer experience is very important to Verizon Wireless as well; we want to create promoters of our company, not detractors.

I am sorry you had that bad experience and that it reflected poorly on Verizon Wireless. That is why it is most beneficial to go to a corporate location, you will have the best experience.

I DIDNT keep it...duh! I took everything back.

The salesguy even admitted he was rude after I filed a complaint. You might want to check up your facts before you "guess" what i did. The company Diamond wireless who works for Verizon DO in fact do trade ins for deposits on new phones. Of course I dont have to "give it up".

Its my choice to trade it in so I am not forking out too much cash for a new phone.

"donate my phone",....what a joke. No wonder you dont get it with a name like "confused".

View more comments (11)
Provo, Utah
Verizon Manager

Verizon Ruined my credit for switching to Vonage

Last year I signed up for Verizon Fios, including internet and phone. I was set up with paperless billing through my bank. Then i wanted to switch to Vonage for phone while keeping the same phone number. So in Feb Vonage requested that Verizon cut off my phone service. They did that. A month later, I they suddenly disconnected my internet service. I called them and it was very difficult to talk to anyone since their *** computer asks for a "Verizon phone number", but I am an internet-only customer and so has no phone number with them. If they're going to provide internet services they better get used to not requiring phone service. Anyways, after talking to several people, they reinstated my internet the same day. Apparently when they stopped phone service, they stopped sending me any sort of bills either paper, via email, or through my bank. So I had an unpaid balance that I didn't even know about, and they wanted some credit card number to charge my new account to. That's not the end of the story. The following month, I got a notice to return equipment - my internet router which they originally gave me for "free" - threatening a $99- fine if I don't comply. I called and explained I am still using their internet service. They apologized and told me to ignore the notice. 6 months later, I discovered my credit score was down by 100 points. Turns out I have a collection notice for $175- from Verizon. Yikes! Notice they never even sent me a bill for that amount, not paper, not email, not through the bank. I never received any collection notice either. I called and they said I owe them a $75 dollar "early termination fee" of the internet Fios contract + the $99 for unreturned equipment. BS! I explained to them I am still a customer and they promised to credit back those charges and clean up my record. That was one month ago. I still haven't seen the credit or the clean report. Every time I call them they play the game of asking me for Verizon phone number, bouncing me through 5-6 people, and suddenly disconnecting the call for no reason.
College Park, Maryland
Verizon Internet Service

No landline for a month.

I have had no landline phone service for a month now, my husband works as a salesman out of the home and has lost several business accounts due to this issue. My husband has called several times to find out why we do not have service and how much longer it will be before he can resume back to his normal work schedule. No one from Verizon has bothered to let us know when this issue will be resolved. We are now in the process of looking for a better phone service that will provide quality service and I hope to other customers that are going through the same problem will do so as well.

Everything I am reading on here about Verizon sounds familiar. Unfortunately, I was also without phone service for a month.

I made an appointment and was told I would have to pay a $99 service fee for them to fix the problem plus an hourly rate if it took mroe than one hour. I said I'd think about it and wanted to look into other phone companies. Then I called back and got someone else. This person said that I did not have to pay because the problem was outside the home.

I made an appointment and they never showed up or called to cancel after I aited in my apt. on a beautiful Saturday from 8am-6pm. Then finally I reached someone over the phone that Monday after going through 40 minutes of an automated system & being put on hold multiple times. I was told they would credit me for the month (we'll see if that happens).

I was also told that *I* wasn't home. I have a doorbell and a cell phone and no one let me know they were there!! It turns out they were there on a day I work and they claimed thats when I scheduled the appointment. Why would I do that?

They were also very rude & sarcastic on the phone. The appointment I "scheduled" was also days before I called them. Did I go in a time machine? WTF?

I am so annoyed.

I want to cancel service but I know they mess up people's credit when they cancel... *sigh*

Jacksonville, Texas

FIOS TELEMARKETING SCAM

It is a shame that this happened to you but.....there is oh so much more to the FIOS story of Scamming Both Consumers and Employees..... I am an insider......And I do know much of the truth about the Marketing Slime currently in place by Verizon to Scam the Nation..... I will tell a "Little bit" now and see if this board has many readers....then add as I see interest.... 1. Did you Know that Verizon uses a 3rd Party Vendor who hires 4th Party Vendors to do the actual telemarketing function? This is an attempt by Verizon to hide their slimy activities.....Which are: To the Poor Consumer: 1. You are being called by convicted Felons, and/or incarcerated Prisoners.....that are given your personal financial records to assist in convincing you they work directly for Verizon.....and scam then scam you into 1 and 2 year Contracts..... The use of the Felons is for Profit to Verizon...Cheap labor....(practically Slave labor)..... The Call Centers (where the tm operations are) are Drug and Sex Havens for the Convicted Felons who make more money getting drugs at the center, and taking them back to lock up...than they do from the TM Job itself.... When you tell them exactly how may TV's and Computer and Other Appliances (laptops, Blackberries, etc etc) and give them your private email.....as well as when you are home.....you are opening yourself to known Identity Theft, Burglary, and home invasion (if you are old)..... Even Worse when you give them a Credit Card...when you need to cover a bill or do a Deposit..... 80% of Agents and Supervisors have Criminal Records....Including Fraud, Drugs, Prostitution, Burglary, Armed Robbery, etc etc etc.....

I am a 4th part vendor selling Verizon Fios and they do not allow felon's at all to call or even allowed on the calling floors... When my calling center got the Verizon contract there were several people that were working on other programs who were let go simply because of that reason. Everyone has thorough background checks done yearly.

So I stopped reading after that point and im sure the rest of it is angry rhetoric just the same.

#198637

I just recently worked at a call center contracted with Verizon Fios. My job was to confirm installation dates. I'll have you know in order to even get the job, you had to submit to a background check AND a drug test.

Nice try.

Ya know MOST FELONS ARE GOOD PEOPLE WHO MADE BAD CHOICES!! Have you ever broken the law?

NOW THINK HARD ABOUT THIS!!! Have you ever gone even 1 mile over the posted speed limit? Ran a red light/ Then you are a criminal too!! A crime is a crime!

Yes some are more severe than others but unless you have NEVER in your life done ANYTHING wrong then stop being such a hypocrite! and if you say you have never done anything wrong I want to meet you to see who i have been praying to all these years!

You know, not all call centers hire felons. There are alot of good telemarketing companies that hire good people.

Plus verizon's vendors only hire Top RATE in the nation call centers that hire professional telemarketers. And everyone gets a contract for anything they get from TV, to Internet to Phone.

Comcast does it and so does dish and directv. Get a life *** face.

@PissedConsumer73585

i work for a third party vendor which hires felons called emperon they will not say to lie to the customer but if you make no sales in so many hours you have to go home and your wages are cut . so the best salesmen lie and when charter comcast or dish get a complaint they will then fire the person or suspend them for a day and put a new person in there place.

no problem for the company if the employ lies to earn more than min wage and they dont care till there vendor calls in . problem solved new felon is already being train to take that persons place. when the usa has more felons per capita than any other country in the world and that is to make a cheap labor force.

good luck staying out of trouble . it is not a crime till they write a law and people like the koch and waltons tell the lobbyist what laws should be passed

Calm Down...I'm no convicted felon but people like you ruin this country

View more comments (5)
Tampa, Florida

Verizon FIOS disconnected

i was accidentally disconnected from my TV and internet service 7 days ago. No one can get it reconnected until someone "scrubs" my acct. I have called everyday since the disconnection and have had the run around. Someone is to call me back daily but nothing. I get someone eager to help but can't because one department has the entire system blocked. I am so tired of fighting with them I told them to come to my house and pick up their "***" from my curb. I have unhooked everything and set it outside for them. One item to remember, get names and titles of everyone that you speak to from Verizon. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Loss

How hard can it be.......

If there was a "Worst Customer Service on Earth" Award., I would vote for Verizon hands down! I have been trying to set up service with them since July and to date, I still have no service but 5 orders on file all pending. I am consistently told that someone will call me to give me a status but no call. I am constantly told that he person I am speaking with will personally call me back and follow up to make sure the order is completed but again, I have 5 orders all pending. The best is that the previous person entered the order incorrectly and this new person will be deleting the old order to fix the issue and enter a new order to replace the wrong one....did I say 5 orders pending? I have gone from wanting to set up FIOS service for two weeks to just setting up phone service. Worst part is, the jacks are in and I even have phone service, all that has to be done is migrating the phone number from another company to Verizon. I wouldn't doubt I have talked to the entire Northern VA branch near my house and yet, I still have phone service with the other company. I have talked to someone at least twice a week and instead of telling me it can't be done, I get to hear how *** and ridiculous the person is who entered the previous order but who still has no will be the mastermind to figure out why 5 orders and pending, I still have no phone service with Verizon?
Burke, Virginia
Verizon Phone Service

Scamed me by stating that Verizon would no longer be providing long distance service.

This low life company contacted me and stated that Verizon would no longer be providing long distance phone service.Upon contacting Verizon I was told that this was not true and I had been scammed.However I would have to pay to cancel the service which i did.I'm still being billed monthly and can't seem to get any help from Verizon or any entity.It seems that there should be protections in place for this type of fraud.I'm contacting the bureau of consumer affairs and the better business bureau and in talks with an attorney about a class action law suit.
Richmond, Virginia

Verizon Mafia

When I and my wife relocated for a job, we transfered our verizon service to the new town. A week after we got there a modem showed up at our door. It had no return address and a shipping label that stated $0.00 (no charge) we thought to pursue it, but figured if they were giving us a new one for our residence we would hold onto it in case or other one took a ***. Three billing cycles went by without a peep from Verizon and then at the end of the third month we recieved a bill for $80.00 for the modem that we (A) neiter ordered nor asked for (B) came to our house without any return info and (C) was clearly marked as "no charge". We called Verizon asking what gives and they basically told us that we were past the thirty day grace period and if we didn't remit the $80.00 we would basically lose all of our service (internet, cell phone, domestic service and DirectTV) Basically they bent us over the barrel and we have no recourse. There is no agency to dispute it, we could spend hundreds of dollars in a cumbersome sourt system to fight it out, but basically it shows that if they want to shake you down for $80.00 and you want to keep your service. You have to pay wrong or right good bad or ugly. If we refuse to pay we go negligent on our account and they'll charge us $300 some odd dollars for breach of contract along with all of our current charges. And regardless of the legitimacy of the case, they can report to our credit agency. It is becoming an epidemic. A friend of mine was shaken down by a telemarketer the other day to pay an illegitimate debt of $110.00 and he had no recourse. Courts cost more and if you don't hey can without any proof of legitimacy report a negative account against your credit. I will ultimately by my time and wait for this contract with Verizon to expire and pull all of my service from them, but for what? To go to Cingular or T-mobile? They are just as bad. We need a wireless provider that realizes that outstaninf service gets you customers not *** gimmics "Can you hear me know?" Billionaire corporations without an ounce of loyalty to their customers or a *** shred of morality. It all boils down to the almighty dollar.

We did call you ***. The first time my wife called and the jihadist that answered the phone knew nothing about it.

They didn't have any record of it until after the grace period was up.

Conveniently I might say. Fairy!

You obviously thought they existed! Why wouldnt you call and ASK why was this shipped to me or who shipped this to me????

Nothing in life is free my friend....you thought you were getting over and it came back and bit you in the behind. Only blame yourself!

View more comments (1)
Santa Barbara, California
Loss

I have a Verizon Cell phone modle Samsung SCH U340 and Verizon will not give me the its manual

Approximately two months ago Verizon exchanged my Verizon cell phone for a Verizon Samsung SCH U340 if I agreed to sign up with Verizon for anodther two years. I did not recieve a manual of operation with the new cell phone. In spite of all of my efforts Verizon's does not seem to want to keep the customer happy and guards their manuals as if it were gold and not seem to care about customer relation's and satisfaction with Verizon. If I were to come into Verizon and purchase a new Samsung SCH U340 they certainly would have a manual enclosed. I certainly should be entitled to a manul with my transaction. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Verizon is not the manufacturer of your phone. They do not have manuals on hand.

Just like customers one is provided with each phone either the manual or the cd. You were most definitely given one, it is part of the package.

If you lost yours then you can go online and get one. That is not their responsibilty nor is it plausible!

I have verizon and it is common knowledge that

A) all their phones have the same software so when you get a new phone you don't need to learn a new phone

B) Verizon along with many companies do not provide instruction manuals but instruction CD Rom which are easier to use and don't take up as much room and easier to search, etc

C) If you need a manual you can go to their website and would have found it faster than you did taking the time here to complain about something so basic

Not only is that the cheapest phone Verizon makes, it is also the MOST BASIC. No one owning that phone should even need a manual.

But, in an attempt to solve your issue. Manuals to every phone in the world are available online...

but instead of searching for a manual, you chose to bash Verizon- appears to be laziness to me.. hmmm..

View more comments (2)
Phoenix, Arizona
Verizon Customer Care

Verizon Hates the Customer

I was told by Fios they would be here between 8am and 1 pm yesterday - no show. Today I was told I would be their first service call at 8am - no one mentioned the techs dont leave the office until 8:45. It is now 11:15 and they still haven't shown up and I was told no one knows when they will arrive. Verizon treats their customers like trash! I asked billing who was going to reimburse me for my lost wages? Apparently no one. Two Grand a year for t-v, internet and phone apparently doesn't mean anything to them.
Newark, New Jersey

Verizon Sucks.....Bottom Line

First, I am a real go with the flow kind of person. I hardly ever complain about anything. I moved to a new apartment in June and was forced to switch to Verizon Fios. I hated leaving ATT which I was pleased with, but I went with the flow. It has been misery ever since. Installers first failed to show when they were supposed to, then I was told that they couldn't come out for a week, but they showed up the next day when I wasn't home. I raced home, and it took about 2 hours just for them to say they couldn't get it working and would have to come back again, and they tracked mud up and down the stairs in the process (yes there was a rug to wipe your feet!) Days later, they came back and got it working.....for a day or so off and on and it's been that way since. The internet would not work consistently at all; and customer service is more of a "disrespect and screw over your customers" line than a service line or "see how long they will actually wait for us to answer" line. I have waited on hold for over 40 minutes numerous times, many of those times just to be transferred to the wrong department or "accidentally" disconnected. I have not received one bill yet. They told me it would be close to 2 months before I got my first bill. Well, it never came......the website won't allow me to pay my bill, the customer service line keeps giving me a busy signal when I try to pay my bill by phone, my home phone has been disconnected, yet my internet is still on and I was finally able to view a bill online today that shows my name under my account, but someone's elses apartment number, AND someone else's payments (two) that have been posted to what appears to be my account and my services!!!! But, no one will answer the phone with customer service for me to find out what's what after about an hour on hold today!!!
Dallas, Texas

Verizon is charging long distance call, not mine

we are being charged for a long distanct call from our phone, by sprint, but out phone company and long distant carrier is verizon , i have called both sprint and verizon, all i get is the run around from both companys, to make matters, we where not at home at the time that the call was made? no one can trace the source of the call, did it really come from my phone or where , verizon states no lines are crossed now.i live on fixed income and no one to help, i have reported this to fcc, but still waiting, till the next time they put charge on phone bill, cost of call to russia is 240.02

Same problem... still trying tooo resolve issue..

cross charge for sure... need a resalution..

NOW!!! and tooo make sure it never happens again

Las Vegas, Nevada

Verizon blows.

i cant stand verizon anymore. they charge you for EVERY little thing you do. changing my plan to my name, 150 BUCKS!! and then they proceeded to charge me, half of the balance from the old account, the months before, and the months after (my bill was almost 300$!!!) they promised "youll get it back after your contract is over". i dont want it then, i want to keep my *** money now!! those customer service people dont know jack either. they never know your answer so you just keep getting connected to other people! i just cant stand how they squeeze every little penny they possibly can out of you. im going to be broke just by paying my phone bill! ridiculous!!!!!!!!

'...they said you will get it back??' Oh you have bad credit....so they charged you a 150.00 deposit. How are they to blame for your credit status???

You do realize you could've declined the contract, I am sure they didn't hold a gun to your head!

If you want to keep your money then don't pay the deposit and move on! Even better pay your bills on time and you won't have to worry about deposits!

Franklin, New Jersey
Verizon Phone Plan

I HATE VERIZON

Im absolutely not satisfied with verizon....for Heaven's sake, all I want to do is pay my bill. everytime I call they put me on hold for over 20 min, and I get transfered from dept to another, I hate them

no stores near you, no internet, or that button you can press during the automated system, thats says press '#' to pay your bill, doesn't work either huh??? sucks to be you!

Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey
Loss

Verizon will not resolve problems after numerous phone calls and time on my part!

My son had numerous problems with a cell phone going back 11 months. After several exchanges, we were billed for a phone not being returned. After many many many calls, it was determined that Verizon had the wrong serial number. I was promised a credit and a return phone call, which never happens. In the meantime I upgraded my phone and I am not happy with it and I only have 30 days to exchange, but can't do anything because I have the outstanding balance of my son's non-returned phone. I have spent numerous time on the phone, been promised a credit and all of the customer service reps say they will call back and never do. I think this is their standard line to get rid of you. Yesterday, I was told that I was at risk of having my service interupted and would be charged a fee to turn back each of my five lines. What a joke!
Clinton Township, Michigan