Verizon FIOS charge for unreturned equipment SCAM!!!

950 of 1757 Verizon Reviews

Moved out of my residence in September 2010, requested return boxes for the equipment i had. Never received anything. Called a second and third time, never received boxes. Finally, was told to bring boxes to a UPS center to send them back. I did so and 3 months after, I get a bill from Verizon for $954!!!!!!!!!!! for unreturned equipement.

I have made dozens of calls to them at this point, provided the tracking number every single time, yet this still appears on my credit report. Initially my score dropped 100 points because of this!!!!!!!

At my wits end with this disgrace of a company!! I have never once complained anywhere about a company, but this is simply unacceptable and is literally damaging my life.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 58 Yes 58
950 of 1757 Verizon Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 31, 2015 #1086523

When I returned my router to UPS. They made sure that I save and photo my receipt because the said Verizon WILL say they did not get it and they will take you to collections over it. WOW! Then guess what happened! Unethical piece of Sh*t company.

Dec 23, 2015 #1083161

I laugh at these complaints its called big business its wrong I know it. just keep praying for deregulation to happen for all telecoms ,wireless too. telcom employee tty

Oct 27, 2015 #1054745

NOTHING HAS CHANGED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sep 30, 2015 #1041122

Disputing with credit bureaus hasn't worked for me so far, neither has talking to Verizon directly. They will lie in your face and tell u that u haven't called, and they will claim they are not in the wrong but won't even make an effort to research the return tracking nor look through their inventory. The only way to make them do anything is by going thru the FTC, FCRA, and your local state attorney generals office. If anyone needs any help I can email u the complaints I have submitted to each so that we can collectively be heard and seek compensation for the hardship they have placed on us due to their lack of substandard business operations and dispute procedures. They are in violation in many ways. If u need help u can reach me at chrispolite562@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015 #1039359

When I call "customer no-service" the announcement the computer announcement is garbled and sounds as if it is coming from a submarine. This from a company that brags about it's superior "fiber-optics" system. What a joke! Frank

May 26, 2015 #988204

I was told to leave a router at the location I was moving from and I did, new tenants moved in and then they sent me a bill for the router. well why did you tell me to leave it behind then MORONS? now they have sent it to collections for 98$ like really? it's not even worth that it's over 4 years old. Pathetic company.

Phil

Feb 17, 2015 #947145 Downingtown, Pennsylvania

They cant find my package either. I have my customer reference #, but they don't give you a duplicate of the tracking # on the receipt just a customer reference #and order # and now they cant find it and are starting to call me.
Each and every step of the road with this company is a nightmare of bad customer service and the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!

Bunny

Feb 14, 2015 #945552 Los Angeles, California

I am having a similar situation with Verizon and I am pissed off! Verizon is reporting false information on my credit report, numberous times. $1200+ and I do not owe them anything. They keep passing it around to numerous debt collectors, and now they have added more accounts that I supposedly owe.

CSpins

Dec 06, 2014 #912021 Ontario, California

Same issue!! Nightmare began 2010! Has anyone had any luck rectifying this situation? Any class Action Suits?

Jul 12, 2015 #1006640

my cousin is having the same problem how are they getting away with this?I think if I was a customer I would contact the local news about this

KKM

Oct 29, 2014 #892527 Edgewater, New Jersey

I am facing the same problem.
Not sure what to do with the collection agency.
MRS Associates
1930 Olney Ave
Cheery Hill, NJ 08003
This collection agency is part of the Verizon.

JD

Jul 27, 2014 #846949

I am going through the same thing. Returned extra settop box when roomie moved out two years ago, now they tell me they never received it despite the fact they stopped billing me for it a week after I sent it back in their box. Just got a letter from debt collector saying I owe $275 even though I spoke with Verizon about 6 different times and the last time they assured me my account had been cleared. I am livid. Not only has this Ben a huge hassle in regards to hours on the phone and really rude inept customer service reps, but I have always been so careful about my credit score and now this happens! This has got to be illegal!!

3 0 Reply
scam

Feb 18, 2014 #786242

I am having the same problem. But mine is even worse. We returned our equipment on 2/13/2013 and have a receipt for the transaction. They are charging us over $700.00 for the equipment. They are now calling our son and demanding that he pay. This is not even his bill and somehow they got his social SS# and are telling him they are putting a charge off on his credit if he does not pay. Our son was 10 years old when we started with Verizon and this equipment is or was definitely not put in his name. How dare this company now start attacking their patrons children to collect a bill!

2 0 Reply
Nebula

Jan 24, 2014 #777759 San Diego, California

I have been with Verizon Fios almost 3 years, there has NOT been a single moth I have not had a billing dispute. These people are common THIEVES, always over bill their clients. Every time you change your service or transfer your address, they send you new equipment and they ask you to return the old ones back. I went through this 3 times, and in all occasions they claimed they did NOT receive my old equipment, in all occasions I was lucky enough to have my UPS receipt, so they waived, but I know in all occasion they had 1 thing in mind, to scam me.....

Oct 03, 2013 #725005

I cancelled my service with Verizon and I still have the router. I cant seem to find where to send the box. I dont want to get charged for it. Went to a wireless store and they said that I have to go to a landline store. Please answer

digital_alchemy

May 03, 2013 #645628 Baltimore, Maryland

Same issue they claim to not have received the cable card and have charged me for it. The cable card was in the box with the set top box and they acknowledge receiving the set top box.

I was also in MD.

Feb 18, 2013 #610730 Dallas, Texas

This is very interesting.I have had a contract with VERIZON for about (8)Year's now.I reside in TEXAS and I have returned several product's to VERIZON and Each product that i returned was recieved within the allowed time frame.Number (1)VERIZON PRODUCT has to be returned in their return boxes along with the return LABEL ON THE OUTSIDE OF THEIR RETURN BOXES.(2)The product that is being returned has to be DROPPED OFF IN THE DROP BOX which is mostly located in the front of the entrance door to the USPS.(3)I have never had to pay to return any product to VERIZON.(4)The USPS WILL RETURN THE PRODUCT but why?Would anyone pay to have the product returned when you can do this FREE OF CHARGE.When you return VERIZON PRODUCT the USPS and ALSO the UPS CAN and WILL LOSE PRODUCT that is suppose to be RETURNED.Now you OWE these charge's all because you did not follow INSTRUCTION'S.You say you did not recieve the return boxe's right.So what type of RETURN BOXES DID YOU USE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT.And also what ADDRESS did you return the product to.This post does not RING TRUE.Pay the people and Move on.Next time i bet you will use the "FEDEX DROP BOX"Like you are suppose to.Believe me "FEDEX"Pick's up EVERY HOUR FOR RETURN'S TO VERIZON.

0 13 Reply

Aug 20, 2014 #859188

What are talking about? Who says you have to PAY when you take your boxes to UPS?
YOU DON'T PAY, IT IS A FREE SERVICE FROM $#@$#%# VERIZON!!!
We DID do exactly what $#@$@# verizon said to do!
With PROOF of shipping and PROOF $%@^%^$ verizon's Representative signature of receiving package.
After many phone calls they said it will take 1 to 3 BILLING cycles for them to finish investigating my claim.
WHAT? YOUR mistake %$#@%$#% verizon, fix my credit report now!!!

5 0 Reply

Jul 21, 2015 #1010089

Troll, you sound like one of mentally challenged who work for Verizon...

qthousand

Feb 18, 2013 #610705 Dallas, Texas

I experienced the same thing only it was the Verizon Wireless I was sent to replacement phones 1 of them was sent to Las Vegas. I never received it it was to be sent to the hotel I was staying at. the second 1 was sent to my Daytona Beach home I received it opened it it did not work well the speaker didn't at least. After sending it back and receiving iPhone that worked refurbished mind you I did not have any return information no slip to send it back to Verizon. So I did what any smart custom what do went to the Verizon store receive shipping information and drop it off at the FedEx right next door. 2 weeks later I receive a text message thank you for the return property I received 2 of these messages because I sent them back to phone. Fast forward 2 months later my bill is 1400 dollars 42 phones that I return. And I was asked to present the tracking numbers. It had been over a month in 2 weeks why would I still have tracking numbers after you say I successfully returned your merchandise better yet, why what I keep a phone that does not work and furthermore why are you trying to charge me 700 dollars per phone refurbished at that???? I've had Verizon for over 8 years it's a shame it had to end that way and now they expect me to pay them 1200 dollars..... What to do what do I do I'm being robbed and there's nothing I can really do about it

1-20 of 34 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.